Kylie, a 15-year-old chubby teen had a perfect life – caring parents, comfortable lifestyle, steady relationship and excellent grades. Kylie shared an intimate equation with her boyfriend and her joy knew no bounds when she discovered that she was three-months pregnant. Unfortunately, the news of her pregnancy was not well received by her partner and he insisted that they discard this pregnancy for it was too early to think about having a baby. After much pestering, he convinced Kylie to gulp some tablets, which would help her get rid of the pregnancy smoothly. Read more
Chronic drinking can have terrible effects on a person’s health. Many consequences of alcoholism are well known, such as liver and cardiovascular damage. However, one recent study by the National Institute of Health (NIH) has discovered that excessive alcohol consumption can reduce the body’s ability to repair its own muscles, causing muscle weakness and degeneration over time. These findings shed new light on the harm that alcoholism can inflict as well as provide information for the development of new treatments.
Latest Blog Posts
- Effective hangover curesJanuary 9, 2019 - 5:55 am
- Equine-assisted therapy can help a person in ways more than oneMay 9, 2018 - 11:30 am
- Will HB 456 finally rip the ‘Zion curtain’?April 10, 2018 - 8:56 pm
- ‘Alcohol marketing changing women’s attitude towards alcohol’March 13, 2018 - 8:24 pm
- New understanding of alcoholism expands horizon of recovery treatmentFebruary 22, 2018 - 10:26 pm